2 June 2015
Mr. Perttu Salmenhaara, L. Soc. Sc.
- Licentiate of Social Science 2004, university of Helsinki
- Master of Social Science 2002, University of Helsinki
- Doctoral student 2004-2015, University of Helsinki
- Thesis supervision 2010-2015: Erasmus University of Rotterdam)
Finnish (native), English (working language), Swedish (fair), some French.
Work experience, most crucial posts
- current: down-shifted; swimming blogger at the Omaliikunta magazine of Urheiluhallit. The blog is here (in Finnish only)
- The British Council, national rapporteur for the MIPEX (Migrant Integration Policy Index), July 2010 (part-time).
- University of Helsinki, social psychology: Researcher, August 1 – December 31, 2009 (part time); Dec. 1, 2006 – Jan. 30, 2007 and Apr. 1 – May 30, 2007, and August 1-December 31 2009 in a study on recruitment discrimination.
- Finnish Ministry of Labour: assisting researcher, Jan 2006 – Jul 2006.
Center for research on ethnic relations and nationalism (CEREN), University of Helsinki: researcher, Aug 2003 – Jun 2004, May 2005 – Oct 2005; assisting researcher May 2003 – Jun 2003
- The Finnish League for Human Rights: researcher and project worker, Jan. – Aug 2002
- International Organisation for Migration (IOM), regional office for the Baltic and Nordic states: project worker, Aug – Nov 2002 (part time)
Grants from the past years
- The finishing grant of the phd, University of Helsinki 2009
- The city of Helsinki’s research grant (Helsingin kaupungin tutkimusapuraha)
- croquis modelling (32 gigs, 2011-2015)